ICDE 2019 is expected to bring together leading researchers from academia and industry in data engineering. We invite panel proposals on all aspects of data management. We encourage submissions on issues of current interest to the community that are well suited to open discussion and debate.
Each proposal should include the title of the panel, the names, affiliations, and brief biographies of the moderator and the panelists, and a brief (no more than one page in the ICDE 2019 submission format) description of the content and format of the discussion. As panels should focus on discussion and debate, we discourage formats that revolve around prepared slides and lengthy
individual presentations by the panelists. Proposals should include specific examples of provocative questions to be addressed by the panel, and should clearly answer the following questions:
- Why is the topic of current interest to the ICDE community?
- Why is the topic well suited to an open panel discussion?
- What should attendees expect to gain from the panel?
Short panel summaries will appear in the ICDE 2019 conference proceedings.
Panel proposals should be submitted by e-mail to the address email@example.com as PDF attachments.
Submission deadline: October 5, 2018
Notification: December 14, 2018
Final version due:
January 11, 2019 February 22, 2019 (updated)
- Tova Milo (Tel Aviv University, Israel)
- Jun Yang (Duke University, USA)
- Xiaofang Zhou (University of Queensland, Australia)