The ICDE 2019 Industry and Applications Track will feature high quality submissions describing new systems or new techniques in all areas of data management and engineering as well as innovative and demanding application scenarios. The Industry and Applications Track allows for a focus on technological solutions as well as encouraging core, industry-based applications papers. The ICDE 2019 Industry and Applications Track will emphasize submissions that describe innovative industrial advancements in relevant areas including (but not limited to) database and data management systems, scalable machine learning and data mining systems, stream data processing, information retrieval, knowledge discovery, data quality and cleaning, information integration, cloud-based systems, mobile data management, data systems on new hardware. Submissions that do not articulate the innovative aspect of a product or application project (including relevant open source software), but rather give a general overview, are discouraged.
The Industry and Applications Track will accept short (6 pages) as well as long (12 pages) submissions.
All deadlines are 11:59PM US PDT
Full/short paper submission due: October 15th, 2018
Notification to authors (Accept/Revise/Reject): December 14th, 2018
Revisions due: January 11th, 2019
Notification to authors: February 1st, 2019
Camera-ready copy due: February 22nd, 2019
- Xin Luna Dong, Amazon, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jingren Zhou, Alibaba, email@example.com
- Wolfgang Lehner, TU Dresden, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manuscripts must be prepared in IEEE format (https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html)
- Long papers must not exceed 12 pages and short papers must not exceed 6 pages, including the bibliography and any appendix.
- Only electronic submissions in PDF format will be considered. Please upload your submission to the ICDE 2019 Industry Track submission site at https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/ICDE2019. Your submission must be made within the due date specified above.
- A paper submitted to ICDE 2019 cannot be under review for any other conference or journal during the entire time it is considered for ICDE 2019, and it must be substantially different from any previously published work.
- Submissions are reviewed in a single-blind manner.
- All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings. The online proceedings may be published as early as March 1st, 2019. The best papers may be selected for extended versions to be published in the IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference (e.g., removal from IEEE Xplore) if none of the authors attends the conference to present their paper.