We solicit proposals for tutorials for presentation at the ICDE 2019 conference in Macau. All topics relevant to the conference will be considered. Proposals must provide an in-depth survey of the chosen area with the option of describing some particular pieces of work in detail. A particular attention will be given to proposals that address a rising research area and dedicate a substantial part of the tutorial to open research questions.
Proposals should indicate the tutorial length (1.5 or 3 hours; if the tutorial can be of either length, please be sure to identify which material is included for each case). Proposals should also identify any other venues in which all or part of the tutorial has been or will be presented, and explain how the current proposal differs from those other editions of the tutorial. Tutorial proposals must clearly identify the intended audience and any prerequisite knowledge for attendees. Finally, proposals should include a brief (no more than 3-5 sentences) professional biography of the presenter(s).
All deadlines are 11:59PM US PDT.
Tutorial submission: October 26th, 2018
Notification of acceptance: November 30, 2018
Camera-Ready copy due:
February 4th, 2019 February 22, 2019 (updated)
Tutorial proposals should be submitted through the submission site (choose the Tutorial track). Submissions should be at most 4 (four) pages with the same format as conference research papers. Each submission should include the following information:
- The proposed tutorial title
- The preferred duration (1.5 or 3 hours; if you propose both 1.5 and 3 hours, please specify which parts would be added/removed)
- An abstract
- An outline detailing the scope and depth of coverage of the targeted topics
- A short description of the intended audience
- A short biography of the proposed presenter(s), along with contact informationIf the tutorial or an earlier version has been presented elsewhere, the proposal should indicate those respective events (and dates), and how the current proposal differs from other editions of the tutorial.